7.3.06

i am in-con-sis-tent


Been over a week since my last posting. Obviously, life goes without the blog, so a basic run-down of highlights of the past 8 (or 10?) days.

- Argued the state of federal payoffs of taxpayer’s dollars to an aboriginal population that seems unwilling to realize the harm (and racisms) these “compensations” pose to their culture. Didn’t get anywhere, as it seemed the individual I felt compelled to argue with never knew what he was talking about in the first place.

- Scored the opportunity to sit down with Daniel Thon Duop (see previous post) and write his life’s tale. This, hopefully, will be published.

- Was offered a new position with Samaritan’s Purse which includes more chances to write, more chances to travel, more chances to take photographs, more doors open wider, so to speak. But, as I have been informed, I am very “low key” and do not display the fountains of joy and bubbly enthusiasm of some. But, I really am excited. Really. Please stop asking.

- Watched “Freedomland” and found it to be not freeing, but a touching depiction of human nature. And there were a lot of good one-liners, although I cannot repeat them. And has anyone noticed how film trailers are becoming less and less accurate as portrayals of the actual film?

- Played our weekly work floor hockey game in the warehouse wearing a Sweden jersey and chanting “Sverige, Sverige,” just to be antagonistic. My husband would have been proud to see. (And happy that I am antagonizing someone else besides his gracious self.)

- Celebrated Martin’s 24th birthday; ate a FREE BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST at Denny’s and grossed ourselves out. We tipped our imaginary hats to the delicious (albeit dingy) Nellie’s CafĂ©.

- Enjoyed Martin’s cute little songs about nothing which he often sings when happy and since finding himself to be quite happy on his 24th birthday, sang quite often.

- Spent Saturday evening and night in fine company at the Riverside Inn in Kensington. (And by fine company I do mean my vigorous young husband.)

- Spent Sunday morning in fine company at the Riverside Inn, enjoying eggs benedict and strong coffee in their sunny little dining room.

Hm, so ends my highlight list. Monday, back to work, and a little grumpy, too. Tuesday, same thing, only a wee bit grumpier than Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Cool,sounds like a good weekend. Eggs benedict are sacriliciously fattening and yummy.

    Congrats as well on your promotion (?). And tell your bosses that there are more than enough bubbly people in the world so they should leave you alone dammit!

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Drew. You are quite funny, and I am a regular reader of your blog.
    And I agree. I am up to my gills in bubbly and I am taking it upon myself to tone it down a notch.

    ReplyDelete