19.7.06

voyage

Martin let me know that my blog was getting boring because I hadn't updated it in awhile. So although I don't care if anyone thinks it’s boring, I am updating it to say that I probably won't be updating for the next while. We are leaving today to the fine province of Småland, to visit Martin's family.

I am looking forward to the peace and quiet, and am excited to get to know Martin's family more. (And meet the many that I haven't met.) My parents are going as well, and Martin's parents are putting on a fine wedding celebration for us, including program planned by Martin's witty brother-in-laws, and a fantastic dinner cooked by Martin's uncle (yes, an actual Swedish chef).

What's not to anticipate? I am a little envious of my parents, who are also going to Denmark, but I will have ample opportunities in my lifetime, I am sure.

Martin and I will get to relive my last visit to Sweden - visiting the place where we got engaged, "Martin's" lake, the nearby ruins. We are actually so organized we've packed our wedding clothes so we can have "wedding" pictures taken in Sweden... I am starting to think I am a closet romantic. I believe my dear sweet husband has helped me come out of that particular closet. I even call him "honey", and worse, more sappy nicknames which I will not mention publicly.

Where was I going with this? Anyways… the photo is portrays the classic colors and architecture found around where Martin lives. If it looks to idyllic, too pastoral, too serene, to be real, that’s because it is. But it is a real place. (I can attest to it.) It’s one of the most fantastic, beautiful, well-tended, calming places in the world. (I even know someone who tells me this little spot in the world holds her heart - she calls it her Narnia.) I agree, although my heart is held by one of the sons of this ethereal place.

So, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:47 p.m.

    You are so welcome to the wonderful country Sweden and Myresjö.
    It will be so wonderful to see you again and to meet all of you.

    See you soon very soon /Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete