10.7.08

nerves

Woke up before dawn today with my mind whirring with thought after thought. This is what emotional strain and coffee does to me. I finally got up around 6:30 and my parents house is so quiet I can hear the tick-tick of the clock.

I am trying to keep track of all the little things we have to do before we leave next weekend. Banking, money transfers, goodbyes, birthday gifts, and most importantly, spending time with people. Strangely thought, I don't feel stressed, which is a huge blessing. For the most part I am just enjoying each day.

Martin and I were also very blessed this week to get together with the most wonderful family. They are an Ethiopian couple that we got to know through Martin's work, and their five children. When the evening ended, they gathered together and prayed for us and shared their hearts with us, and it was the most incredible experience. I could not stop the tears from pouring as they were so vulnerable with us. It was hard in a way as well, because Martin and I have yearned for relationships with people in Calgary, where we can be ourselves and share our hearts, and here these amazing people were doing just that. I have never felt such a spiritual connection, and it both lifted our hearts and broke us, because it was encouraging and heart-rending.

The weekend coming holds many goodbyes for us, and I hope I can make it through without completely breaking down! I am looking forward to my birthday party and several farewell parties, and they should be mostly fun, with a little sad. At least that's what I am counting on.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:22 a.m.

    Dan,
    You are one of the most beautiful people I know. You always say 'someone encouraged you so much, someone empowered you so much, who was so nice, who was so thoughtful...' These beautiful people all came to you because they could feel your angel-like spirit. Just like you've learned so much from them, I have learned so much of everything from you, too.

    After reading your latest blog, my heart started pumping and I'm getting excited more and more for somehow. I feel like it's me who's moving out and preparing to say goodbye.

    Goodbye part always hurts but after 'goodbye' there will only be 'nice to see you' :)
    Although I'm not a Christian nor a relious person, I pray for you and Martin.. from my heart!

    And.. my last hope is you don't get so busy in Sweden that you lack time to update your blog. :P
    I'd love to know how you'll be doing in a totally new place.

    love,HJ

    ReplyDelete