30.1.06

snippets

I have tried to post something on here several times now; every time I get half-way through and think, "Cripes, I am so melodramatic." I really do have a poet's heart. Maybe the heart of a crude, novice poet, but a poet's heart nonetheless.


Visited Edmonton this weekend, here are my most available memories:

  • Crossing the Saskatchewan River, frozen nearly across. The sun blazing over the ridge and through the trees, searing rays and spots on the eyeballs.
  • Strange infrastructure; long double-decker train bridges and 180-degree turns down into the river valley.
  • Losing my temper (twice) during the journey; consiquently making my sweet husband a little nervous.
  • Playing the infamous Settlers board game and seemingly impressing my sweet but very competitive husband with my powers of boardgamage.
  • Riding the rollercoaster and decisively yelling; losing my voice a bit later.
  • The comfortable feeling of being able to be totally myself.
  • Found my husband saying, as we climbed to the third floor, "Isn't it nice to be home?"
    I just thought how nice it was to hear him refer to it as "home". It's good to be anywhere with him, and I am warmed to know he is starting to think of this chilly Canadian clime as his home.

Now, back at home. Working away. Finding myself much improved emotionally and psychologically over last week, when I was reaching near-basketcasedom. Will play hockey at lunch at work, and think about how my happiness is the choice to fight the depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment