3.6.06

i like the friday feeling

Wanna read a desperately sad, unbelievably hilarious story containing, but not limited to, Wal-Mart, Mexican delegates, a total British wiener, football, and unfair trade, all set in the truly exotic backdrop of Arkansas?

If so, read this article. Workers of the world spice up meeting

And if you are totally bored with reading a rather long-ish article by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette (although I insist it's worth it), go watch this video from the Daily Dancer, an absolutely wicked nerdy web person who loves dancing. Like me! Except he's a man. And I am a much better dancer, right bunny?

Anyways, this video gives rap and all it's sexist ridiculousness the treatment it deserves. Daily Dancer gives new flesh to Ms. Booty

2 comments:

  1. Sick! Aaron made me ashamed to be British, talk about living the values! corperate hoo-haa makes my stomach turn. The lengths taken to manufacture consent is unbelievable.
    The difficulty is that the working class of Britain are forced to shop at such chains as their low wages means that local/ fairtrade goods are so expensive that they cannot afford it- preventing any international workers unity.
    I love your blog Danielle. Hopefully some fat cat will stumble accross it and be 'hmmm what a tosser I am!' and have a Zacchaeus- like transformation!
    Thanks for asking about 'Created?' did I send you the second issue? I am not longer editor- as felt it time to train up new team instead, so mag will go on after I leave. I loved orchestrating the mag though. Maybe I will do another one one day, when I have some more contacts and radical support!

    If Drew and I ever end up in Calgary you and I should form a partnership- and produce someting!

    hope you and MartySmartie are enjoying your first summer together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth! You rock: I would count it an honour to work on something with you. I never did see the second issue of Created?... still would love to. I actually still pick up the first issue now and again...

    We went to Hilary's birthday this weekend - Fred said you guys were thinking of coming first two weeks in August... True? We would love love love to get to hang out... We are back in Calgary on the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete