11.4.06

free love

Today is Maundy Thursday, in which the liturgical gather together and wash eachother's feet in a symbolism of Christ's washing of His disciple’s feet. I can hardly concentrate at work.















The sun is shining, we have a long weekend ahead of us, and most importantly, Martin's visa application was approved! No more waiting or wondering! No more hanging around, waiting for Canadian bureaucracy and wondering when we will be able to see Martin’s family again. No more indefinites on our relationship. We are free!

Well, maybe that's an exaggeration... but we are more free than before. And we were a bit shocked at the speed of approval; the government had been so painfully slow up until this point, to have an answer so quickly was very unexpected. We were thinking we'd find out in summer or fall, even.


So the question remains, what to do?

First we send his passport into to get his “landed immigrant” status. Then, we can drive to Portland, Oregon (please, Martin, can we go to Portland?). I am so stoked! And we can go to Sweden, and any other place we want…

I love my hot Swede. (Yes, Martin, you are mine!)

We are going to eat Alberta steak tonight and celebrate. My mom is cooking brunch tomorrow (Good Friday) and that's going to be a happy occasion.

It's definitely weird to think of Martin getting a job and being out of the house. I have become so dependant on his work around the home. He does the laundry, keeps our place shining clean, and has become a pretty good cook. He thoughtfully goes grocery shopping, makes our bed, runs baths for me, and generally makes himself completely indispensable. I don't know what I'll do when he doesn't plan dinners. Or when he isn't waiting to wolf-whistle or call suggestive things to me from the apartment window when I get home from work.

Well, things can't last forever. He's absolutely spoiled me for the past six months. I wouldn't say I am totally rotten yet, but I sure have been enjoying it.

Ah, me, I should get something done.

I get to keep my hot Swede!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 a.m.

    Haha! does martin wear an apron? He will have to cook for us when we come and visit this summer! Today is our aniversary- just think- it is two years since you two unusually and wonderfully matched lovers met! xx Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That is so cool about the immigration thing. I am currently assembling my application for indefinite settlement as my two year probation is almost up. Once again I read the question on the form which asks "Have you ever been involved in the commission, preparation or organisation of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide?" and tick 'no'. I wonder if you automatically get declined if you answer "Yes, I have systematically tried to wipe out an entire race."

    Anyways, it sounds like things are terrific for you two. I am jealous of your steak...mmmmm. I will have to be content with a hot-crossed-bun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:49 a.m.

    Hello!
    Wonderful to hear the good news about that Martin can stay with you and begin to work. I think and hope that he can help you with the homeworks even if he works.
    You are so welcome to Sweden and we really hope to see you soon.
    I will go to work the hole easter so Janne have to be alone most of the time.
    Have a wonderful easter together and celebrate the news.
    Greetings also to your parents and say they are very welcome to Sweden.
    See you SOON!
    /Lisbeth and Janne

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello danielle. my name is brier... i do not know you personally, but would like to as you seem a wonderful and inescapably interesting person! you most definately do not know me (as far as i know), but i know martin (from our times at capernwray) and you are married to him! how wonderful! i heard a strange rumor that he was married, and am glad to find out that it wasn't some disappointing lie being thrown around!
    so. i extend my congratulatons and a hello to you and to martin (and will make an executive decision to extend a hello from my husband to him as well)(if he reads your blog and sees this!) feel free to check out my-(boring and often far less creative than i would like it to be)-blog...
    again, very nice to "meet" you. i am exceedingly glad that you and martin are happy and married.

    ReplyDelete